Monday, October 12, 2009

First Commissioned Cake

Here is the cake I made for my coworker's grandmother's birthday party yesterday. It was large cake, 10 inches in diameter and probably about 6 inches high. The kids loved the left over batter I made into mini cupcakes so I hope the main cake went over just as well. I gave my coworker little tiny (non)business cards with my website and phone # so maybe I will get some interest. Even my mother-in-law is a supporter of the idea. She is getting cupcakes tonight for her birthday. Apple cake with cinnamon cream cheese filling and cream cheese frosting. I will post pics of those too. My KitchenAid is loving all the attention, haha. So the cake below is a buttermilk cake with strawberry filling, vanilla buttercream frosting and royal icing flowers. It is also posted on my cake-site.

0 comments: