Monday, June 21, 2010

Mom's Cake Part I

I made the cake for my mom's 60th birthday party my sister put together this past Saturday. This was my first big cake and it seemed to go off without a major hitch...especially considering the 3 hours drive to my parents and then the 40 minute drive to my sister's to assemble.

I only have pictures from Courtney's cell phone right now but should be getting more from my sister soon. Of course I forgot my camera.

Everyone seemed to like it. The bottom cake was chocolate fudge cake with dulce de leche buttercream filling. The top cake was a lemon cake with strawberry and lemon curd fillings (like stawberry lemonade).
I will post more pictures when I get them from my sister.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Great cake, but how come you never tell me you are coming so we can see each other?

Irysh said...

You got the tiers wrong - the top was chocolate and the bottom was lemon, silly.

I'll send the photos tonight. Our computer is having issues.

keri said...

mindy-it was a fast trip with little to no free time. sorry, next time i will let you know because i won't be busy the whole time.

erin-i did mix up the tiers. i'll keep an eye out for the pics. thanks.