Monday, September 22, 2008

KITCHEN DONE!?

So I "finished" the kitchen this weekend while Matt was off in the wilderness looking to befriend Bambi and bring home a new pet...haha.


I say "finished" because there is a good chance that something else needs to be done that Matt will remind me of later. Oh, some of the shelves by the window need to be painted and some trim painting needs to be done.


Anyway, I changed the pendant lights (so much nicer and fit the feel of the kitchen) and I repainted the kitchen a creamy buttercup color (which is what I thought I was doing the first time but it really was a cross between Big Bird and lemon...not good), and I did the "backsplash". All the paint and materials for the backsplash and walls was less than $20! You ask, "How the heck is that possible?!" Well, my friends, it is easy when you are thrifty and creative. *hint...the backsplash is FAKE!


I was walking around Walmart because I was lonely with my hubby gone and thought that I would look in the paint section to spark up some ideas for the kitchen walls (I was going to mix some paint at home and alter the nasty yellow to a subtler hue). Well, it was like the heavens opened and shined down on the gallon of Dutch Boy, Interior, Satin wall paint that was 50% off. It was mixed to perfection (for me, apparently not for the person that initially requested it) and on the discounted, premixed rack. So that was my wall color...then I went on the hunt for a rectangular sponge. For less than $2, i got a replacement sponge head for one of those crappy floor mops. PERFECT FOR ME! And that little plastic part on one side of the sponge that has the scrubby pad on it was a perfect handle. I'm telling you, the planets were all aligned.


So, I took home my booty (as in pirate's booty...not my butt) and got my booty (as in butt...not pirate's booty) to work. Here is the result!



On the island is the one persimmon I was able to salvage after two seasons here. I don't think it is ripe but the squirrels got the other ones.
It's so pretty and clean

Look at the Maxie Boo playing Peek-a-Boo. He wants some beans cookin on the counter.

It almost feels like it has a French flava

0 comments: