Thursday, September 23, 2010

Official Cake Decorator

I just got a job at an awesome bakery in town as a cake decorator! I am so excited!

My interview was this morning and I start next Friday.

It will be challenging, exhausting and SO much fun!!! I will be learning so much and they are looking forward to learning from me too (although they probably know everything I know already...haha). It is only a 4 minute drive from my house...and that is WITH traffic.

You can check out their website. They have delicious food and such a wonderful atmosphere. I was hoping to be able to get my feet wet in a little bakery but this is an opportunity of a lifetime that I never imagined would be an option with a well known, 7000 sq. ft. bakery/cafe.

Now, I need to open my mind and work hard to prove myself and pass my probationary period so I can continue living my little cake dream!!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Great job Keri!!!

Joblio said...

That's great news! Does that mean you're not going to post pictures of your creations now, because they belong to someone else? I say keep 'em coming.

keri said...

Thanks Mindy and Joel!

I think I can still post pics...I may have some opportunites to experiment with new ideas while I'm there.