Thursday, May 28, 2009

Kick the Governor OUT!

This is HORRIBLE. What is he thinking with his "proposed" cuts? Funny how the top doesn't get cut but he wants to cut EVERYTHING from the bottom. CalWORKs gone, Healthy Families gone, Cal Grants gone, etc.... The ramifications are monumental. Increases in homelessness, uneducated children and families, sick children, domestic violence, illegal activities, etc. We are only as strong as the weakest member and he is suggesting cutting resources to these people all together. HUGE MISTAKE. It should say something that, when people are losing their jobs, CPS is actually getting overtime because their caseloads are increasing. Hmmm...something to think about.

I pray that this does not happen. If it does, I worry for my students. If it does, I worry for my family because I will be out of a job.

Stressing is not going to help anything but I would be lying if I wasn't scared for my family and the families out there that are already at the bottom, working hard to climb up.

I really hope that California has a clue because our governor does not. God help us all because, even if you make $1 million a year, we will all feel the results.

This is not the way to help Californians.

0 comments: