Thursday, September 3, 2009

No more butt pain!

Today was the second day I rode my bicycle to work. I did it one day last week and kind of have to plan it out to make sure I have enough time to get home so that I am not late for appointments or something like that. It only took me 37 minutes this morning...743-820am. I rode with Courtney to school Tuesday morning (about 2 1/2 miles round trip) and I will be riding to work again tomorrow. With all this riding, my butt doesn't hurt anymore! My work is about a 14 mile round trip on surface streets.

Matt and I rearranged our work out room and he built a wall mount for the TV. So, that room is a lot nicer to use and I am hope to start using our weight machine very soon.

In other news, I was going to take the cake decorating classes at Micheal's but I have to work next week on my typical day off and it happens to be the first day of class. I'm not upset though. I think I can learn most of what I need from practice and research. I'm pretty good so far but nothing compared to those food network cake people. I hope to get into gum paste in the future because I think I would really enjoy the sculptural aspect and the more realistic appearance of the decorations. I am covering my first cake in fondant for this weekend when my parents and grandma visit. Should be fun.

I only lost a pound this past week but that is better than nothing or gaining something. Everyone at work is really supportive and always asking how much more I have lost. My inlaws all noticed too. Losing weight is pretty fun when you are enjoying your food and exercise. haha.

oh and I am working on my website for my cakes. The address is http://cakesbykeri.webs.com/

It is still a work in progress so not many people know about it yet.

0 comments: