Saturday, February 13, 2010

3 Mile Run

I did it! My time was either 34:15 or 35:14, I can't remember. We ran the circumference of Woodward Park. For the first mile I did the jog, walk a minute, then jog some more. But my legs (from my knees down) would start to feel stiff when I walked so I just jogged the rest of it. By the way, Woodward Park is NOT flat! There were some serious hills that we had to get over.

Anyway, I did it and I felt really good after (physically). I can't say that I wanted to immediately run the course again but I was not in pain or uncomfortable in any way.

Yeah me! Now I feel more like this...

Okay, maybe not.

2 comments:

Irysh said...

Good for you! If you want to come up and do a 5 or 10k with me on March 28, let me know! (it's free) Oh, and go to Fleet Feet to get a proper fitting for running shoes. Then you can find out which shoes you *really* need and can get them online for less. It's VERY important to get the right shoes for you.

keri said...

I might just do that..oh crap, I have a challenge on the day before...is there another one coming up?