Friday, July 31, 2009

Quick note

Haven't heard anything regarding the Woodland job. My birthday was much more relaxing than my usual days (when the kids are home). They really tried to make an effort and cleaned the house (in a way they knew how) while I was at work. Courtney spent the day making me a bracelet, Jared gave me a Thomas Kincade postcard/picture (yes mom, he did remember) and Matt got tickets for the two of us to see the "So You Think You Can Dance" tour at the SaveMart Center. This was a big surprise because he already went in with my parents to get me my fantabulous kitchenaid stand mixer. When it comes to gifts for me, my husband is always very thoughtful.
Of course, I got home made cards (Matt made me decode mine because he wrote what my present was in symbols). My parents called, my grandma called and sent me a card with a gift inside (naughty grandma), and Mindy and Erin and my aunt and uncle sent me ecards. Matt's cousin even sent me a text. That was the extent of contact from his side...I wasn't really expecting anything at all.
I am currently on Nutrisystem and the only naughtiness I had yesterday was a half cup of ice cream. I feel good about that. I have lost 8 pounds so far and I am half way through week 2 and trying to stay away from the scale until my weigh in day of Wednesday. I make Matt give me a "skinny test" almost everyday. It is really my excuse for making him give me a hug. haha.
So things aren't bad and that is good and I am making progress on myself. :)

0 comments: