Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Yuba is a no go

The Dean of Student Development sent me a personal email notifying me that I did not get the job at Yuba College. I was one of the finalists and he told me that with a little more experience, I will be hard to beat in an interview. That is great feedback.

So, I have mixed emotions about this. A little relief because the area is a lot different than I thought it would be and I was worried about how happy we would ALL be living there. Disappointed because it would have been an incredible opportunity for me and my family to be more financially stable and have the chance for other things. Proud that I was a finalist in the first interview I have had since FCC.

I am leaving for Woodland in about an hour or so for my interview with them. I have to give a presentation and I have my handouts prepared but I am still sorting out the approach I want to take. I was practicing last night and kept getting tongue tied and it felt a little funky so I just need to run through it in my head while I drive. As long as I have determined the direction I want to take it, I can freestyle pretty well.

I know there is a bigger plan for me. Obviously, at this time, Yuba is not it. I hope Woodland is part of the plan but I am also prepared for Fresno to still be part of the plan too. We have our health and each other and a home. I just hope my hours aren't cut any more because I really don't know what we are going to do then. I WILL stay positive!

0 comments: